I have yet to meet someone who doesn’t love a chocolate covered strawberry. Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips or Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks are great for making allergy free chocolate covered strawberries. But the other day I woke up craving both a chocolate covered strawberry and a slice of strawberry pretzel salad. So I thought…why not combine the two. And you know what…THEY WERE DELICIOUS!!! A little salty and sweet! A match made in heaven.
These are free of the top 8 allergens: dairy, soy, egg, wheat/gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, fish & shellfish
- ½ cup Enjoy LIfe Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Finely Crushed Gluten Free Pretzels
- Place pretzels in a large ziploc bag and proceed to smash them until no large pieces remain.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Continue to microwave at 15 second intervals until all of the chocolate chips are melted.
- Dip strawberries into the melted chocolate and then roll into crushed pretzels to cover. Gently place on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- When finished, place the baking sheet into the freezer for 5 minutes or so to allow the chocolate to harden.
Be sure to read all of your labels. I have found many spices and other products (i.e. garlic powder) that include additional ingredients like soy.
Known Allergy Information (containing the major 8): None
**Disclaimer: Please note that every child’s sensitivity to their given allergen(s) varies. Some of the items that I use do contain “natural flavoring” and “spices” which is hard to determine if it is 100% allergy free. You should always check with the manufacturer to confirm that your child can have their product(s). The products that I list are items that I’ve been using for awhile and have proven to be safe for my boys (their allergies are dairy, soy, egg, peanut, tree nut, fish, shellfish and sesame).**
You can get all of the recipes featured this week by clicking on the image below. Or sign-up for our email newsletter so you never miss a post.